Buff Orpington roo in central VA

Weasleymum

Songster
11 Years
Aug 1, 2008
Virginia
Need to find a new, good home for our lovely Buff Orpington rooster, Xander. He is exactly one year old, with a sweet, docile temperament. Very tame, easy to pick up/ hold/ etc., he can free range around my 2-year-old and 4-year-old sons with no worries. But, we live in an urban area and can only have so many chickens-- our 5 hens are getting too scratched up from over-frequent mating. Also, it's probably only a matter of time before the neighbors complain about the crowing. Many families in our neighborhood keep chickens, but most don't have a rooster!

If you live in or near central Virginia and are interested in a new rooster, please message me! The best situation would be one with a larger number of hens than 5.

Last edited:
Need to find a new, good home for our lovely Buff Orpington rooster, Xander. He is exactly one year old, with a sweet, docile temperament. Very tame, easy to pick up/ hold/ etc., he can free range around my 2-year-old and 4-year-old sons with no worries. But, we live in an urban area and can only have so many chickens-- our 5 hens are getting too scratched up from over-frequent mating. Also, it's probably only a matter of time before the neighbors complain about the crowing. Many families in our neighborhood keep chickens, but most don't have a rooster!

If you live in or near central Virginia and are interested in a new rooster, please message me! The best situation would be one with a larger number of hens than 5.
good looking boy

if you can't re-home him get your hens some chicken saddles

that's what we have on our buff hens

Last edited:
Thanks, piglett!

I got him rehomed today. Tried putting saddles on the hens, but he for some reason didn't like that and chased the girls around the yard trying to get the saddles off them.

Thanks, piglett!

I got him rehomed today. Tried putting saddles on the hens, but he for some reason didn't like that and chased the girls around the yard trying to get the saddles off them.
now that's funny :)

my 4 buff orpington hens all have saddles on too

with 2 roosters they are a bit "over worked"

the good news is my pullets will be picking up the slack in another month

so the poor hens will get a break

Back
Top Bottom