Buff Orpington Roo

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by alanddeb, Jan 4, 2015.

1. alanddeb

alanddeb New Egg

Jan 13, 2013
    Sinking Spring, PA
    Hello: I have a very handsome and healthy Orpington Roo, but I have a high ratio of roos to chickens, and need to find a good home for him. He was supposed to be a she, but an error was made. Ollie was hatched in the spring last year, so he is young. Anyone need a nice Orp Roo? I will give to a good home. Cannot take more roos or chickens. I am at my limit of 30 at this time. I am in Sinking Spring, PA outside of Reading or about 30 miles east of Lancaster, PA. Feel free to call me at 610 670-1603.

2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    You can try and post on craigs list as well. It is read by people local to your area. You can see who comes to get your roo. I know it is a little harder to move roos then hens for obvious reasons. Where I live roos are not welcomed at all.

3. alanddeb

alanddeb New Egg

Jan 13, 2013
    Sinking Spring, PA
    I know I can post to Craigs, but I'd rather post somewhere where I know chickens are loved, and don't forget this: Without a roo there are NO CHICKS!

4. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    I know the area/location and peoples hobbies makes a difference. If you came to me with a dozen nice looking grown roosters and a dozen nice looking laying hens and told me I could Have 12----my choice---I would take the 12 roosters, because Grown roosters sell higher at the Auction I attend than Laying hens every week and I go every week---Its My Hobby! I was given one grown rooster and 5 young(app 5 months old) roosters last week, I sold the grown one for $17 and the 5 younger for $7 and $8 each. Most all the hens were selling for less than $10.

5. alanddeb

alanddeb New Egg

Jan 13, 2013
    Sinking Spring, PA
    So what's your point? I'm trying to give a Roo to a good home. If you are not interested, why post?

6. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    Possible reason for high price on roos is the people buying them are using them for fighting. TOTALLY CRUEL..... When I'm at the swap meet , most peeps don't want to sell hens alone. They want you to take a pair. I'm in area where fighting is not tolerated , as well as illegal. Same for dog fighting. Some still occurs regardless. As for myself, I cant have roos, If I did, then authorities would promptly ask me to remove the nuisance . and probably tell me to get rid of the hens as well. They are not there to determine " is it a hen or rooster " I have purchased hens at the price of a pair and simply told the seller , " just keep the roo. " . Different parts of our world allow different activities..

7. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    Nope-I can asure you none are bought for fighting at this Auction(fighting ones are sold 2 hours away a another Auction)---most are bought by a meat buyer----Or Someone just wanting a good rooster. If the meat buyer buys it----its going on the table. I am going to stop here-------don't want to steal the original posters-----post. Hope he can get his rooster a good home.

8. m80fierro

m80fierro Out Of The Brooder

Dec 26, 2014
    New Mexico
    I'd love to have a Buff Orp Roo but I'm a long ways away from you. Do you have any pics?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by