Buff Orpington Roo

alanddeb

Hatching
7 Years
Jan 13, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA
Hello: I have a very handsome and healthy Orpington Roo, but I have a high ratio of roos to chickens, and need to find a good home for him. He was supposed to be a she, but an error was made. Ollie was hatched in the spring last year, so he is young. Anyone need a nice Orp Roo? I will give to a good home. Cannot take more roos or chickens. I am at my limit of 30 at this time. I am in Sinking Spring, PA outside of Reading or about 30 miles east of Lancaster, PA. Feel free to call me at 610 670-1603.

You can try and post on craigs list as well. It is read by people local to your area. You can see who comes to get your roo. I know it is a little harder to move roos then hens for obvious reasons. Where I live roos are not welcomed at all.

I know I can post to Craigs, but I'd rather post somewhere where I know chickens are loved, and don't forget this: Without a roo there are NO CHICKS!

I know it is a little harder to move roos then hens for obvious reasons. Where I live roos are not welcomed at all.
I know the area/location and peoples hobbies makes a difference. If you came to me with a dozen nice looking grown roosters and a dozen nice looking laying hens and told me I could Have 12----my choice---I would take the 12 roosters, because Grown roosters sell higher at the Auction I attend than Laying hens every week and I go every week---Its My Hobby! I was given one grown rooster and 5 young(app 5 months old) roosters last week, I sold the grown one for $17 and the 5 younger for $7 and $8 each. Most all the hens were selling for less than $10.

Possible reason for high price on roos is the people buying them are using them for fighting. TOTALLY CRUEL..... When I'm at the swap meet , most peeps don't want to sell hens alone. They want you to take a pair. I'm in area where fighting is not tolerated , as well as illegal. Same for dog fighting. Some still occurs regardless. As for myself, I cant have roos, If I did, then authorities would promptly ask me to remove the nuisance . and probably tell me to get rid of the hens as well. They are not there to determine " is it a hen or rooster " I have purchased hens at the price of a pair and simply told the seller , " just keep the roo. " . Different parts of our world allow different activities..

I know the area/location and peoples hobbies makes a difference. If you came to me with a dozen nice looking grown roosters and a dozen nice looking laying hens and told me I could Have 12----my choice---I would take the 12 roosters, because Grown roosters sell higher at the Auction I attend than Laying hens every week and I go every week---Its My Hobby! I was given one grown rooster and 5 young(app 5 months old) roosters last week, I sold the grown one for $17 and the 5 younger for $7 and $8 each. Most all the hens were selling for less than $10.

Possible reason for high price on roos is the people buying them are using them for fighting. TOTALLY CRUEL..... When I'm at the swap meet , most peeps don't want to sell hens alone. They want you to take a pair. I'm in area where fighting is not tolerated , as well as illegal. Same for dog fighting. Some still occurs regardless. As for myself, I cant have roos, If I did, then authorities would promptly ask me to remove the nuisance . and probably tell me to get rid of the hens as well. They are not there to determine " is it a hen or rooster " I have purchased hens at the price of a pair and simply told the seller , " just keep the roo. " . Different parts of our world allow different activities..
Nope-I can asure you none are bought for fighting at this Auction(fighting ones are sold 2 hours away a another Auction)---most are bought by a meat buyer----Or Someone just wanting a good rooster. If the meat buyer buys it----its going on the table. I am going to stop here-------don't want to steal the original posters-----post. Hope he can get his rooster a good home.

Back
Top Bottom