Buff orpington rooster with an easter egger hen ? ? ?

Quote:
the kind of comb most Easter Eggers have, the same as Ameraucana, Araucana have, Why having a pea comb will give you a high percentage of getting a blue/green egg layers? well scientist have discovered(thru breeding and gene sequencing) that the pea comb gene and the blue egg shell gene are linked by 3 to 4 CentiMorgans, that means you have about 96% chance at getting gree egg layers of they had pea combs, now there is a Small chance(3 to 4%) that the Blue egg shell gene crossed over to the single comb and now the single comb hens have the blue egg shell gene... you will know once the pullets start laying eggs, but as I explain your chances are very slim

Quote:
you are just unlucky... and science is not a mystery any longer, you can use science and genetics to predict the outcome of any cross with a high percentage rate of accuray here educate yourself http://chickengenetics.edelras.nl/
No thanks, there is no guarantee an easter egger will lay green or blue eggs only just b/c it has a pea comb. There is a probability it will lay brown or pink eggs too. Unlucky I am not, I have pea combed EEs that lay blue and green eggs too. You don't know the genetic background of her birds. It's all probability. The post I replied to says it will lay green eggs. I believe a better reply is the offspring might lay green eggs. I never said EEs will lay brown eggs only, I said I have ones that do. No has has asked the OP what color egg her EE lays.

Back
Top Bottom