*Buff Orpington Thread!*

I decided to break her from being broody.

It's her first time and she's just not right. It took her two weeks to really go broody. It's like she's really confused about all this. I took her out of the next yesterday and she's really light. I don't think she's been getting off to eat and drink at all. And she had a big lump in her crop. I think when I took her out earlier, she gorged on grass.

So I massaged it and put her on a mash diet in a dog crate in the garage. This morning she still has the lump but it's much softer. She's eating and drinking and pooping. All good signs.

She'll go broody again and we can try this another time.

Sounds like you made the right decision.
smile.png

Posting to subscribe!
woot.gif

I just love Buff Orpingtons. I love their golden colored feathers, and lovely personalities. Hoping to hatch a few out this spring.
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

I massaged the heck out of that lump yesterday and it was still there this morning. So I removed her food and just gave her water w/ a few drops of ACV in it. And an hour later that lump was totally gone.

Her droppings were incredibly hard and dry so I don't think it was grass in the crop. I think it was feed and she wasn't drinking.

Just a sweet little confused broody. Today is day two in the broody breaker and she's coming around. But definitely needs one more day in there.

Thanks for all the support. Sometimes you just need to express your thoughts to know you are doing the right thing.

OMG, someone sedate me. Today is day two of having my broody in the broody breaker and she's almost over it. But definitely needs one more night and maybe most of tomorrow in there.

And when I let her out to free range w/ her sisters today, a different BO is now making the Chuck Chuck broody sounds.

It really is contagious isn't it?

Posting to subscribe!
woot.gif

I just love Buff Orpingtons. I love their golden colored feathers, and lovely personalities. Hoping to hatch a few out this spring.
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Hi Hannah!! Welcome to the Buff Orpington page.
frow.gif

OMG, someone sedate me. Today is day two of having my broody in the broody breaker and she's almost over it. But definitely needs one more night and maybe most of tomorrow in there.

And when I let her out to free range w/ her sisters today, a different BO is now making the Chuck Chuck broody sounds.

It really is contagious isn't it?

Awesome news about your hen! Hopefully she almost back to normal today.
Following this post!

I have 8 Buffs. They are the only breed I'm raising. Sweet sweet chickens, I just love them
love.gif

Welcome chickiechick12!
frow.gif
ITA, Buffs are just the sweetest and you and I have raising only Buffs in common. When you get a chance post some pics and introduce us to your flock.

Back
Top Bottom