*Buff Orpington Thread!*

@wyorprock thank you
1f603.png
and yes I say around that age because when I purchased my roo(Fluffo) and hen(Fluffy) they were really young, they were 5 months old and pretty big for that age I think mine are English the pullet(Fluffy) was for $25 and the cockerel(Fluffo) was for $20 she sold me the pair for $40 with their own certificates. There was another cockerel that was probably the most beautiful buff orp that I've ever seen, but i decided to give Fluffo a chance and I'm glad that I gave him a chance. He is the sweetest roo I've ever had(yes my little silkie roo is a devil
1f602.png
not to me but other chickens) and he is really gentle with the ladies, THEY LOVE HIM!!
Oooh! I love the look of the English BO's! They have more of a bustle I think.
wink.png
Mine are just hatchery birds, so no showgirls or boy here(just plain 'ol backyard chickens
big_smile.png
). They do have a nice gentle personality (even the cockerel so far, he's calm and attentive), so I am pleased.

This is my roo...Charlie.
Nice Boy! Mine is named Charlie too!

[COLOR=000080]Oooh! I love the look of the English BO's! They have more of a bustle I think. [/COLOR];) [COLOR=000080]Mine are just hatchery birds, so no showgirls or boy here(just plain 'ol backyard chickens :D ). They do have a nice gentle personality (even the cockerel so far, he's calm and attentive), so I am pleased.[/COLOR]

Yes they are! Buff orps are the sweetest breed that i have on my ranch! I also have some lavender orp chicks that I purchased and I just love their color! :love the only thing is that I'm positive that the lavs are american lavs, so when they are at laying age i will cross them with my buffs to get the type that i want but the lav color. The hens with Fluffo, a roo with fluffy and a roo with Aussie (if I get lucky enough with that ratio I have 8 chicks and I'm guessing that 6-5 are pullets but I'm but I'm not sure) I'll even try to make lavender australorps :D

Last edited:
Thanks for verifying their age!!! I had no idea, they seemed quite "fluffy" to me (I'd say fatty, but am being polite). Seller told me they are from June and they were laying a few eggs here and there, until winter put them off. We shall see how they look in person.

I am going to pick them up on Sunday - 3 hens to add to our speckled Sussex flock (3 hens and roo). I just hope they get along good....

Quick question - Orpington roos are quite distinguishable at this age, yes?

Thanks for verifying their age!!! I had no idea, they seemed quite "fluffy" to me (I'd say fatty, but am being polite). Seller told me they are from June and they were laying a few eggs here and there, until winter put them off. We shall see how they look in person. 

I am going to pick them up on Sunday - 3 hens to add to our speckled Sussex flock (3 hens and roo). I just hope they get along good....

Quick question - Orpington roos are quite distinguishable at this age, yes?yes the roos are quite distinguishable at that age, and if they are laying they must be about 7-8 months :D

Back
Top Bottom