*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Alice has begun laying! I'm so excited!!! Also I love these pics of Alice and Fluffo. Very excited to begin hatching from these two!

These are probably the best pics I've ever taken of Fluffo

Beautiful! Yes, I can see the English line compared to my hatchery stock. Fluffo even has "bloomers"
big_smile.png
(which I love BTW)

bit_o_poultry19-yay! congratulations on your hens laying! I am checking every single day for Willow to start laying. Since they are free range during the day, I'm not exactly sure where to be looking. I am checking our straw that I use to insulate around their coop, in their nesting boxes and in their favorite hiding spot (behind our HVAC fan next to the house). It snowed for the first time yesterday and they aren't big fans so I found them in their coop in the afternoon which is really unusual.

bit_o_poultry19-yay! congratulations on your hens laying! I am checking every single day for Willow to start laying. Since they are free range during the day, I'm not exactly sure where to be looking. I am checking our straw that I use to insulate around their coop, in their nesting boxes and in their favorite hiding spot (behind our HVAC fan next to the house). It snowed for the first time yesterday and they aren't big fans so I found them in their coop in the afternoon which is really unusual.

Thank you! Yup Alice has finally started laying, I hope that my buff cock and her will produce gorgeous babies

Here he is again

Yep! We only have two chickens and the other is a welsummer so she would have speckled eggs. Willow squats constantly now. Is her comb big for a hen? These are our first chickens. Ordered as 6wk old pullets

Oh sorry her hackle feathers made me suspicious, I'm not used to seeing those type of combs on my pullets. My mistake

Back
Top Bottom