*Buff Orpington Thread!*

My two youngest, from Jody and Charlie Hinkle. Hope and Grace are almost 10 weeks old.

DSCN2418.jpg

DSCN2422.jpg

Nugget here is the reason I wanted more from Jody. Nugget is the perfect broody mama. She's 3 yrs old.

DSCN0981.jpg

Sunny is my only remaining hatchery Buff Orp hen. She is 5 1/2 yrs old now.

DSCN0603.jpg

Two of our 6 hens are buff orps and they really are the sweetest girls! They follow us around and are always wanting to be where we are. The only complaint is that they are louder than the other girls in our flock. LOL!
Doris (with Pearl in the background)
64243_img_0516.jpg

Broody Pearl!
64243_img_1308.jpg

Here are my ladies, this was when they were about 6 weeks old. Will be 9 weeks on Tuesday. I perfer them to my 2 RIR pullets.

87031_picture_458.jpg

87031_picture_456.jpg

87031_picture_454.jpg

In march and april I went to tractor supply and brought 9 what i thought to be buff orpingtons all together. only two turned out to be buff orpingtons they rest were buff rocks. i was so disapointed. they are my favorite breed of chickens and are so nice. the two that turned out to be orpingtons are so nice and come right up to me when i go out in the yard. next year im going to try to get all orpingtons and give my rocks to some family members. is there anyway to tell the difference in them when they are chicks, i know the legg color is how you tell them apart but is it apparent when they are only a few days old? i dont want to end up with even more rocks even though they are still pretty i like the orps better. thanks for any help.

Back
Top Bottom