*Buff Orpington Thread!*

ep.gif
whoa! Brave boy you got there!
Is he a giant among his kind, or all all BO roosters that big?
I have an australorp roo to go with my buff hens, and he is not that big.

Quote:
There are hatchery Buff Orpingtons then there are those that breed true to the American Standard of Perfection. We breed Standard bred Buff Orpingtons. We have several in our area that also raise these. Lots of fun at the shows!

ep.gif
bow.gif
Oh my goodness, that Buff took my breath away! I can't imagine what it would be like to see one in person!!!
ep.gif

Are there any breeders in Iowa that you know?

Why do I love Buff Orpington's? I don't think there is any sweeter bird out there. They love to be held, cuddled, talked to, and carried around. They are very social with humans. They adore children. They come when you call them. They are silly, funny, adorable and sweet. They are great egg layers, even in winter. Ours have not begun to lay yet.

Newly hatched...Jasmine, Lilly, Daisy and Dixie...
IMG_2804-2.jpg

IMG_2940.jpg

Buff Orpingtons are so sweet!...
IMG_3502.jpg

50bc5cd0.jpg

IMG_3491.jpg

We love them so much! ❤
IMG_4024.jpg

IMG_4078.jpg

Although they can give a good stink eye now and then...
IMG_4068.jpg

They can also pose so pretty among the flowers
IMG_4074.jpg

All the while, these special Buff Orps are loved on and cuddled constantly...
IMG_4237.jpg

At six weeks, we lost our sweet precious Lily to a predator. I miss her so much.
hit.gif

IMG_4160-1.jpg

Our remaining three continue to grow and spread joy in our lives.
smile.png

IMG_4663.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

IMG_4677.jpg

Project2.jpg

IMG_4731.jpg

So here is a picture of the most loved chickens in the world.....
IMG_4782.jpg

Our Henny Penny's are 12 weeks old and our journey of pure joy continues. ✿◠‿◠

This is my 15 week old Buff Orpington "Zia".
84766_zia_july_1_2011.jpg

I was wondering if it was a breed standard that her tail feathers have developed these black markings on them almost like freckles.
I have noticed in some of the pictures that other BO have this also. Does this mean anything or does it count against them if you want to show them?

84766_zia_tail_feathers_july_1_2011_15_weeks.jpg

i ordered 25 BO hens and 3 BO Roos total of 28 from meyer hatchery and they gave me 2 extra so im happy now with my first 30 BO chicks ^_^ i was mad though they were shipped on monday and are just now getting here today i was scared i was going to lose them from dying of lack of food and water
92874_100_0212.jpg
MY GOLDEN BEAUTYS!! WOOHOOO!!!
92874_100_0213.jpg

92874_100_0214.jpg

Back
Top Bottom