Buff Orpington x Red Sexlink = What color?

If the male is the red sex link and the female is the buff, I’d expect the female offspring to be either buff or silver (white) and probably with a Columbian pattern. I’d expect the males to be either buff or to look like the red sex ink male, white with the yellow-golden hackles and saddle. Males would also probably be Columbian patterned.

If the female is the sex link and the male is the buff, I’d expect male and female offspring to both be buff colored, probably with the Columbian pattern. It would not surprise me if this buff is a little darker red than the buff father but lighter than the red mother.

This is based on running Henk's calculator. There are different ways to make buff in a Buff Orp and different breeds can be used to make red sex links so this could easily be off. It also does not take into account melanizers and such to a great extent so there could easily be some leakage, especially on the male offspring. What I gave you is he idealized colors and patterns.

this is what you get when you breed a red sex link female with a male buff orpington

Wow didn't know anybody was doing the very cross that I want to do if anyone could please tell me what the color of the roo's are and do they darken up or what is the color patterns are on them and what is their egg production is like

Wow didn't know anybody was doing the very cross that I want to do if anyone could please tell me what the color of the roo's are and do they darken up or what is the color patterns are on them and what is their egg production is like
I'm not hoping for any roos but they hatched the 19th of March. Their mom hatched out 7 and 4 died because she would go back to her nest and accidentally leave them. This is them at 9 weeks old

also these turned out to look like sad
also these turned out to look like dad. The only thing they've inherited from mom is the black tail feathers and the black wing feathers so I'm guessing the roosters will turn out to look like mom.

This is mom

This is dad

Back
Top Bottom