Buff Orpington?

Anidanoodle

In the Brooder
May 15, 2023
I can’t stop googling! I’m trying to figure out what type of breed this is, tractor supply said it’s a buff Orpington. I have never seen orpingtons with fuzzy legs?

Attachments

• BF4374EC-04D3-40FC-9178-0D59AC54CC79.jpeg
    BF4374EC-04D3-40FC-9178-0D59AC54CC79.jpeg
    262.6 KB · Views: 48
  • D33F6179-13CC-4EBD-B79E-1725345CEC14.jpeg
    D33F6179-13CC-4EBD-B79E-1725345CEC14.jpeg
    241.1 KB · Views: 15
I can’t stop googling! I’m trying to figure out what type of breed this is, tractor supply said it’s a buff Orpington. I have never seen orpingtons with fuzzy legs?
You are correct, it is definitely not an Orpington.

Maybe a French Wheaten Marans?
French Marans can have some feathers on their legs, and it looks like it could be Wheaten color.

I will say that in the one brooder at tractor supply, they had Olive Eggers, Buff Orpingtons, Jersey giants and Rhode Island Red mixed together.

It might be an Olive Egger, with one parent a Marans and the other parent being a blue-egg breed.

Omg the exact same thing happened to me! But from Peavey Mart in Canada. I’m pretty sure that the Buff Orpington that I ordered is actually a Buff Brahma. I was suspicious when I saw the fuzzy legs, and now that she’s a few weeks old her legs feathers have remained and started to get thicker. After looking through the peavey mart “Chick Days” breed catalog, I’m convinced that she’s a Buff Brahma.

Omg the exact same thing happened to me! But from Peavey Mart in Canada. I’m pretty sure that the Buff Orpington that I ordered is actually a Buff Brahma. I was suspicious when I saw the fuzzy legs, and now that she’s a few weeks old her legs feathers have remained and started to get thicker. After looking through the peavey mart “Chick Days” breed catalog, I’m convinced that she’s a Buff Brahma.

Back
Top Bottom