Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Either another breed, or mixed.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

chickenlover89

Songster
7 Years
Jul 26, 2012
So, I ordered from MPC, and all chicks seem fine, but this one. I ordered a buff orpington pullet, and it has looked like a buff orpington (not sure of gender), but yesterday. we found brown feathers on his/her tail feathers (after the first small moult), and we don't know what it is, any guess on if this is a buff orp. or not?

(sorry the pic is blurry, the bird was freaking out while we were taking these, as you can see, they are covered by a thin layer of regular feathers, but this is the main part of the tail)

this bird is 10.5 weeks old.

It looks like either a new hampshire red or a mix. It's hard to tell from the picture though.
thanks, here are some pics from a few days ago, he/she looks like a buff orp roo, except now these tail feathers (aren't visible, you have to push the first layer of feathers back)
(see the red, at only ten weeks? that's why we're thinking roo)

these bottom two are from a couple weeks ago.

I've only seen that in crossbreed
yeah, this one is hatchery, so it's probably cross bred, do any of you have any guesses on gender? here are some current pics, at almost 11 wks old. (i have been told pullet on the american orpington fanciers thread)

looks like shiny hackles are growing in

trying to get a pic of the red on his/her face, but is hard to get pics of.

Back
Top Bottom