1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buff Orpingtons stopped laying after moving to larger coop

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by BuffOrps15, Oct 12, 2016.

1. BuffOrps15

BuffOrps15 New Egg

Nov 20, 2014
    I have 3 Buff Orpington hens that were laying on a regular basis until we moved them to a larger coop. One started laying again then they all went through a molt in May-June 2016. The packaging of the Purina Omega food changed and I noticed the pellets looked different. I tried other pellets but they aren't eating them and they don't go through as much water as they once did. I picked them up to check them over and notice they are thinner than they were a month ago. HELP!

2. blairctchickens

blairctchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2016
    North East Kansas
    How much time has passed since you moved them to their new place? The birds usually will postpone egg production when an event like this happens. They are just trying to get oriented to the new environment. After a couple of weeks and getting use to the new brooding boxes you should be back up in egg production and weight.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by