Buff Orpingtons

crazychick

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Hi-
New to the forum and the wonderful world of raising chicks, but am on the hunt (maybe I shouldn't use that word!!) for about a dozen B.O.'s
We live in CT., and I am told that these girls will lay during the cold long winter months, which would help pay for their keep.
Any help would be appreciated, along with other suggested breeds that are productive during the winter. We are also looking at Barred Rocks and good ol' RI Reds.

They are all good.....get a mix......one of each so you can judge for yourself. I like having many breeds. get one ameraucana for colored eggs.

Thanks for the advice-maybe 3 or 4 of each. We enjoy the colored eggs, but they don't seem to be a hit on the market. Will mention to the hubby-if I smile sweetly he may let me get a couple more ladies.

Hi Crazy,
I`m in Ct. too. Benedicts/Agway in Monroe I beleive got a shipment of ALL those breeds you listed yesterday or today. minimum they sell is 6. I`d leave you the phone # here, but I`m not sure I`m allowed to. So I`ll tell you if you want to look them up..They are in Monroe on Purdy Hill Rd.
good luck. Tony

Hey!! We're in eastern CT - Danielson and looking for starter chicks too please let me know if you find any. THANKS

Thanks Tony-I will check with them today-not too far from me. **see this Sandbox330?

Quote:
You can just PM the phone #, although I don't see why ya can't just leave it here
smile.png

Don't know if anyone is still interested in chicks. I found some at the Plainfield Agway - Eastern Ct. exit 87 off Rt 395. Min order 6 chicks they had RI REds, Red Sex-links, barred rocks, white rocks and ducklings .... GOING FAST!!

Back
Top Bottom