Buff Orpingtons

McCoysOrps

Songster
6 Years
Apr 27, 2013
Mt Juliet TN
I have 41 eggs I'm gonna start in an hour or two but yeah I hope I get all 41 but I'm kinda nervous! My flock is 5-12 months so still kinda young! LoL! I can't wait I'll post all results! I'll post a pic every Saturday!

So, are you due to hatch the 21st? I have also set 8 of my Ameracaunas, due to hatch 3/22 am anxiously awaiting a dozen buff orpington eggs via mail. I have read great things about the breed and look forward to having a couple of them, hopefully. Good luck with your hatch, and look forward to pictures!

So, are you due to hatch the 21st? I have also set 8 of my Ameracaunas, due to hatch 3/22 am anxiously awaiting a dozen buff orpington eggs via mail. I have read great things about the breed and look forward to having a couple of them, hopefully. Good luck with your hatch, and look forward to pictures!
I actually have none that were fertile :( but I have 23 eggs new that I stuck in there 14 black copper marans and 9 bbs orps!! I love the breed of orps they are so big and beautiful I have 12 pure black orps coming in 2 days :D

Last edited:
I actually have none that were fertile
sad.png
but I have 23 eggs new that I stuck in there 14 black copper marans and 9 bbs orps!! I love the breed of orps they are so big and beautiful I have 12 pure black orps coming in 2 days
big_smile.png

Carson,

Not a single egg fertile out of 41? I have seen quite a few posts where you are selling your BO eggs..Have you proven out your hatch rate? it might benefit you to do so, by hatching a couple of sets before you sell. If you end up selling infertile eggs you might get a bad rap and no one will buy from you in the future. No one wants that for anyone!

Last edited:
Carson,

Not a single egg fertile out of 41?  I have seen quite a few posts where you are selling your BO eggs..Have you proven out your hatch rate?   it might benefit you to do so, by hatching a couple of sets before you sell.  If you end up selling infertile eggs you might get a bad rap and no one will buy from you in the future.  No one wants that for anyone!
My eggs are fertile now but none were cause I just got new chickens and the hens weren't all that fond of a big rooster on them lol but they are breeding left and right

Back
Top Bottom