Buff Orpingtons

clairabelle75

Chirping
9 Years
May 15, 2014
Vernon, BC
I hatched out four buff orpingtons this spring and thought I had 2 pullets and 2 cockerals for a long time, not much early comb development at all, but more on 2 of them, than the other two, but now I'm thinking I have four cockerals! I'd be very interested to know what you all think... the Light Sussex in the photo were much easier to tell, it helps that I have 2 boys and a girl for comparison and maybe the reason I can't tell is that the orpingtons are all the same sex. They are 18 weeks and 3 days old in this photo that I took yesterday.

I think you have two of each but its hard to tell from the pictures.........
hmm.png

I'll try taking some more close ups, they weren't very cooperative yesterday, they either ran off or came too close and all you could see was eyes and beak, lol! I'd really like to not have hatched out 6 roosters and one hen, I think that is why I'm obsessing over this so much! I have read as many posts as I could and compared them at the same age to other peoples buffs, I'm not sure if the upright tail feathers are a sign and if they are saddle feathers I can see at the base of the tail, I just found a great photo of pulled out feather to compare, so I'll see if I have any volunteers that can give me a feather or two!

Back
Top Bottom