Buff Silkie- Gender question

jasmtnljj

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 7, 2011
S/he is around 24 weeks. I got him/her as 7 weeks old back on June 2nd so I am really guessing it is a SHE. I was calling it a cockeral for awhile cause the comb was noticable about 2 months ago but then the comb never grew any further n or does she seem to have much of earlobes. My slightly older white silkie keeps mating with her too and she does't seem to mind. Very laid back and docile. Not something i'd expect from a cockeral .. This is a breeder (not hatchery)silkie

buffpulletback.jpg

Buffpullet.jpg

buff.jpg

a roo? *sobs sobs sobs* well i think his face had mud on it but the tail and wing tips do have black feathers if that is what "streamers" are?

Streamers are thicker, less fluffy feathers on a male's tophat.
smile.png

I would say cockerel-- especially the posture. I have one quite like yours who has the same masculine pasture but a small comb.

well thank you...i guess i will name him Gonzo then.
smile.png
I was really hoping ya'll would say pullet lol. But alas, I knew deep down it was likely a cockeral. He is the sweetest cockeral i have ever had. my 18 month old carries it around like a baby and it doesn't even flinch

and i understand the streamers now. I will keep an eye on those with the younger silkies

Back
Top Bottom