Buff Sussex

There are a few people that have them, cuddlebears51 has a really nice pair from Greenfire farms and we are still waiting one her hen to start laying and she hatch what she needs out of them and then I want to get a few from her.

I have one buff and one light
lol.png

http://www.greenfirefarms.com/store/sussex

Last edited:
We have Buff Sussex and Light Sussex. They both have the same friendly inquisitive attitude. They are both huge,beautiful, fluffy chickens. Our Buffs seam to be a little meatier than the Lights. Both breeds are good layers and true dual purpose breeds as the cockerals actually have a decent carcass with some meat on it. You can feed them a little longer without them getting tough.We think the Buff and Light Sussex are one of the best kept secrets in America. They are very popular in the UK. They will be here to once people try them!

Just ran across this thread.
I've checked out Sand HIll Preservation and they carry the Light, Red and Speckeld Sussex. I've read that there use to be Brown and that there were very few still around. Are there any brown in the United States?
I reallylike the sussex breed they are a nice sized bird and I would like to collect some of all the varities that are in existance.

How would you go about creating a brown variety? The only brown color that I know of is the leghorn. Isn't that (the brown in the Leghorn) really partridge? Anyway I don't think I'd want to cross leghorn into the sussex breed.
Is there some other color that you could use to create the brown?

Back
Top Bottom