Buff X BBRed =?

fancyfowl4ever

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
Hi Everyone,

I m not so familiar with how buff acts crossed with other colours, and by the looks of the chicks that hatched from my buff Leghorn hen she flew the fence into the Black/Blue Breasted Red Leghorn Pen at some point
barnie.gif

Most of them seem to be buff with varying degrees of stripping. Some pretty bold brown and buff, some grey and buff etc etc. SO for sure not pure buffs.....
Now I have never crossed a buff female with anything, and am wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how these chickies will turn out. They for sure look interesting.
In any case any of them feather out solid buff they are permanently marked so as to not ever end up in the buff pen as "pure" by mistake.

So, anyone ever done this particuylar colour cross?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I m not so familiar with how buff acts crossed with other colours, and by the looks of the chicks that hatched from my buff Leghorn hen she flew the fence into the Black/Blue Breasted Red Leghorn Pen at some point
barnie.gif

Most of them seem to be buff with varying degrees of stripping. Some pretty bold brown and buff, some grey and buff etc etc. SO for sure not pure buffs.....
Now I have never crossed a buff female with anything, and am wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how these chickies will turn out. They for sure look interesting.
In any case any of them feather out solid buff they are permanently marked so as to not ever end up in the buff pen as "pure" by mistake.

So, anyone ever done this particuylar colour cross?

Thanks
they will end up looking mostly buffis, the roosters will most likely look black tail Orange/Red,

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom