Buffy is gone

stewie's mom

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 6, 2009
I lost my little Buffy today after a 7 month battle with various problems. I held her in my arms when she passed. She looked me right in the eye as if to say "what's happening mom?"....and then she was gone.
I think, if I had known how attached I would have gotten to these little creatures,...then, I may have never started down this road.
I got these girls 2-1/2 years ago for eggs and "sort of" for pets...now, they are my "kids", my "little girls"......and they are breaking my heart.....
Enjoy Heaven, Buff.....

So sorry you lost your sweet Buffy. I too never realized how much chickens worm their way into your heart. Truly sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry. It happened to me recently and it is so sad. I was surprised at how attached I became. I hope you feel better soon.

I lost my little Buffy today after a 7 month battle with various problems. I held her in my arms when she passed. She looked me right in the eye as if to say "what's happening mom?"....and then she was gone.
I think, if I had known how attached I would have gotten to these little creatures,...then, I may have never started down this road.
I got these girls 2-1/2 years ago for eggs and "sort of" for pets...now, they are my "kids", my "little girls"......and they are breaking my heart.....
Enjoy Heaven, Buff.....

I nearly envy those that love their own so much, 'til I witness their pain at times like this ...

I'm sorry, for what you're forced to endure, and that this suffering is causing you to question the very thing that has brought you so much joy.

I do love having chickens, but refuse to allow them to individually peck their way too deeply into my heart. I guard myself w/ the knowledge that chickens are fragile and temporary, so that the flocks they form can more easily recover and quickly adapt; that God, by His very design, chooses which is/isn't to survive.

Hi, stewies mom. Sorry to hear about your loss - I have a favorite hen named Buffy so that struck a chord with me. Hang in there!!
hugs.gif

Sorry to hear about your dear Buffy. It is always so sad when we lose a friend, whether they wear feathers or fur or neither. But I myself would rather love and lose than not to have loved at all. I have had a house chicken, and have "just egg" chickens, and after a while they all manage to roost in my heart.

Thank-you all,
I miss her a lot. She was my favorite.....Why is it that we lose our favorites? ...murphy's law or something???
When I check on the girls at night, I still tell Buffy goodnight too.
I am determined to not make any of my four that I have left, my "favorite"....

Thank-you all for your kind words...it is nice to know that others really do love their chickens too...

Back
Top Bottom