Buffy is gone

So sorry for your loss. I have lost many favorites in the past and have tried not to have favorites to avoid the pain of loss but these dear little feathered creatures still manage to make thier way into my heart.

Thank-you all,
I miss her a lot. She was my favorite.....Why is it that we lose our favorites? ...murphy's law or something???
When I check on the girls at night, I still tell Buffy goodnight too.
I am determined to not make any of my four that I have left, my "favorite"....

Thank-you all for your kind words...it is nice to know that others really do love their chickens too...

I've looked back on that very point ... I've lost too many of my own, to two rounds w/ the toxins from botulism, and then two w/ aflatoxins, and -- both times -- it seemed to be my favorites among the chickens, and the most rare variations among my guineas.

Rarely is it the pushy one, that greedily gathers the most food. Or, the most average and common of each breed, that just sorta blends into the flock. But, almost always, the ones that stand out most, because they are the most unusual ... and, the least normal, most often.

And, then I remembered what most often caused 'my favorites' to earn their spot ... they were the ones that required the most attention, whether due to illness, or bein' the 'under dogs' or were the biggest/smallest of 'em all. It's the vulnerability, and periods of weakness, that causes me to to drop my guard, 'n let 'em into my heart. And, that's why it hurts so much more ...

Back
Top Bottom