Buffy my 8 week old buff Orpington just got grounded

Darklingstorm

Songster
9 Years
Jan 10, 2011
Durant, Oklahoma
I was totally amazed and afraid with Buffy. From the ground she has learned how to jump/fly over a 4 ft fence. Unfortunately all our fences are 4 ft tall, including the fence that separates our dogs and the fence that separates the yard from the road. We live in town. So with help from DH she got her flight feather clipped and she isn't happy about it either. But I would rather have a sad hen then a dead one.

I guarantee you she would have been even more unhappy had she landed amidst the dogs. Don't feel bad about it. Kids never like to hear the word no.
wink.png

My Orps *can* jump my fence as mine is 4ft also. They just don't. I'm lucky I guess though cause there is rarely a dog running around out there and my neighbors don't have dogs any more but neither do they shut their gates. I've only seen one do it once when something frightened her and even then she didn't clear it, she perched on it for a minute before jumping back into the yard.

She'll get over it. They don't fly that much anyway as a rule.

The chickens have been in their new coop for almost a week now and so far I've had to put them in at night. Well today they were going in and out on their own so I was hopeful tonight would be an easy night. So with flashlight in hand I went to see if all were in the coop, well one was missing. I looked under the coop, not there. Looked around the run, not there. Then I heard a noise, wasn't sure at first but then it happened again and I knew that she was outside the run. Scared I looked in the dog pen, not there (Thank God). I turn around and there she is on the patio table.

She is now grounded too!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom