Bug Bomb Poisoning? **UPDATE** HATCH TIME :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lowcountrypoultry, Sep 30, 2008.

1. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay I have some eggs in my incubator that I started on the 22nd and there in my dads shed. Well my dad put a bug bomb off in there and my incubator is in there!

Will this harm the unhatched chicks?!

Thanks

Austin Johnson

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  2. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    Milton Florida
    If its a still air incubator, they should be fine. Might worry about a forced air sucking in the fumes.

3. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Still air or fan? And it might not matter. Birds are very sensitive to airborne toxins. If still air you've a better chance, but wow, no guarantees. Sorry. Did he close it up for hours?

4. lowcountrypoultry

Okay wella few days ago my dad put a bug bomb off in his inclosed shed, I was FOR SURE in doubt that none would hatch nowing it was a fan incubator...

Then a few more days later my brother unplugged the turner and I didnt notice it was until the night before the hatch!!

After all this my hopes were gone..

But then I went over there today and I had 35 out of 42 piped. I was in pure aww. No one has hatched yet, but when they do I will update [​IMG]

5. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    COME ON CHICKIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    Milton Florida
    Good luck, poor chicks might have to join a support group for all they been through. Hey, a new breed, bowlegged retards.

Really, I hope your chicks turn out fine, and best of luck!!!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  7. lowcountrypoultry

I hope they come out fine too...

But only time will tell. [​IMG]

Im sure the bowlegged retards will sell great here [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by