bug-out-bag

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by peepdaddy, Jul 16, 2011.

1. peepdaddy

peepdaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Wolfe co.
    also known as a GOOD (get out of dodge) bag. who has one? Why? And what do you have in it?

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:lol age old question.. and for me it changes with the season... 2 weeks worth of MRE's, couple changes of clothes.. copies of important papers (in a ziplock), emergency survival gear (space blankets, water purification tabs, knives etc) a 1911 .45 and about 300 rounds of ammo with 6 extra clips. Oh I have the first aid stuff, canteens, extra shoes etc.. And a small light weight toolkit and usually have one of those small 2 person pop up tents. All in all my pack is 50-60lbs and have it in an old Molle rucksack.

3. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Out here it's "earthquake kit" but yep, we have 1 for each of us.

2 weeks of water tablets, , purifing water bottles, food (better than MRE's but same idea), clothes, blanket, first aid kit, leatherman, and odds n ends. it's kept in a spot where even if the garage fell down we could pull it out with minimum effort.

4. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    I have 2 one for each truck...
    I keep mine in my truck at all times and the one for hubbies truck is kept by the front door.
    he does not like it in his trck so I put it in his truck when im driving it and take it out when im back home...
    I have one cause its better to have it and not need it,then to need it and not have it.....
    I acually have a video somewhere of what I have in my bags...but im sure you all dont want to see my boring video..

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  5. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Yep and about the same as everyone else, food, water, shelter, protection and extra clothes.

6. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:Might be interesting, link it up for us [​IMG]

7. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    part one ,I turned it off instead of pause so its in 2 parts...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by