1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bugs in the coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by n2thestorm5032, Sep 26, 2008.

1. n2thestorm5032

n2thestorm5032 Chillin' With My Peeps

So I was out watching my chickens, getting ready to lock them in the coop for the night, and then I see these little black bugs crawling on the floor,[​IMG] not of the whole coop just where the light is!

They look like ticks, and I was worried so I did my best to search the chickens all over there body for those bugs (they didnt like it, but I felt safer checking them lol), and by what I saw there was nothing on them!

So I was wondering should I worry about these bugs or not? How can I get rid of them if I should worry about them!?!?!?

Thanks again,
    [​IMG]
    ~Kyle~

2. Sahara

Sahara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    Keystone Heights, FL
    I recently had somewhat the same type of thing but noticed little bugs on my white rooster, almost like gnats. So everybody got a Sevin dust bath. I also sprinkled it on the floor. That was over a week ago and no more bugs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by