Build in a day for FREE!

The waste hatch is a great idea! I will see what I can do about adding one. The coop is 4 ft. by 3 ft. The roof is a solid sheet of osb, the front and back walls are pallets. The sides are osb as well.

It's lovely, you did a great job! I don't see any ventilation though? And if it is large fowl hens you are putting in there then I would say it was a bit on the small side to be honest. Sorry, I don't want to put a damper on things - it really is a cute coop, just not for 6.

Through the front door and out through a couple vents on the front topsides. That's so the draft that is created is not in the flow of roosted or nested hens. All six of them.

Quote:
Big Z...just for future reference you might want to pick up one of those oscilating cutters like they show on tv. I got one from Northern Tools for $35. It zips right through those spiral nails then you can just flip the boards over and use another nail or a punch to drive the nail head out. Keeps you from being limited to the types of pallets you can or can't use.

For sure. That sounds like another tool I should get. I'm picturing all kind of uses for it.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom