Building a coop for my Grandma "UPDATED"

smile.png
That is very thoughtful of you to build a coop for your Grandma. I hope she likes it.

Thanks for all the kind comments. I have finished the outside except for the paint but didn't get to take a pic because it got dark on me. I should be able to start painting tomorrow and finishing the inside(roost bars, nesting box, ect.)as long as the nice weather holds. will hopefully be able to post pics of the mostly finished product tomorrow. Then I have to figure out what type of chickens to get her.
smile.png

Has your grandmother ever had chickens before, maybe when she was a kid? If so, maybe you can ask her which types of chickens she likes.

If she hasn't had chickens and does not know what type of chickens she wants, I would suggest getting one or more friendly breeds. Most people report that Buff Orpingtons are very friendly.

Maybe others have more suggestions for friendly breeds.

Dominique, or "Dominickers" as the old-timers say, is a good breed. They look a lot like Barred Plymouth Rock, except Dominiques have a rose comb. Barred Rocks are a little better egg-layers.

Maybe you can show your grandmother the pictures on the breed pages, and I think she will recognize some of them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom