Building a coop for my Grandma "UPDATED"

Very cute - love the Dutch Barn look. Can't wait to see it finished! Your Grandma is going to be sooo happy and, if she isn't, I'll be more than happy to be your adoptive Grandma.
wink.png

That is such a thoughtful thing to do for your grandma. It looks like it would be easy to clean and maintain.

As far as chickens go, I love my Brahmas. Gentle giants with feathery legs. My Barred Rocks and Buff Orpingtons are great also. You couldn't go wrong with any of them. Get them as chicks so she can handle them a lot to help gentle them.

There are only nesting on one side the other is for storage so she doesn't have to Move the feed bag I can just put it in there and she can get the feed from there. There is going to be a small run underneath, then I will add a larger run to the back side when I get the supplies. I originaly thought two people would be able to move it but now that I have added more and more I think it may take 3 or 4. Though I should be able to lift one side by my self I don't have anyone who can do the same on the other side. So I guess it will be me on one side and my sisters and step father on the other. It would have been lighter if I hadn't went overboard with the structure.

Back
Top Bottom