Building a coop - need run ideas

Can I please see the finished Coop? We just Coop? We just drew up something almost identical to this

Hi! I am a new chicken mom, just adopted two Barred Rocks and we are getting four more chicks next weekend. We are in the middle of building our coop and can't decide the height for the chicken run.. My boyfriend and I are both 6 ft tall, so ideally, we were thinking to make it 6 ft high.. Problem is, I am having a hard time finding hardware cloth in that height. Do you think it would be okay to make the run 4 or 5 feet high? Or do you guys think that will make it really hard to clean? I am open to suggestions :) Attached is the pic of our progress so far.. obviously we still need to add siding, trim, doors, etc.. The run is going to go in an L shape off the back of the house.. Thanks!

Here is our coop/run with a dog kennel attached for extra space. We are planning on extending the run area in a few weeks but the dog kennel has worked out nicely. Would love to see what you guys end up doing.

Attachments

• IMG_7545.JPG
    IMG_7545.JPG
    828.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7559.JPG
    IMG_7559.JPG
    855.9 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom