Building a new coop, suggestions welcome

Finished roof shingles. Time for ridge vent and cap shingles.

Attachments

• IMG_4995.jpeg
    IMG_4995.jpeg
    884.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4997.jpeg
    IMG_4997.jpeg
    912.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4996.jpeg
    IMG_4996.jpeg
    572.3 KB · Views: 34
Gonna put some HC down to keep rodents out?
No plans at the moment. Predator protection will be accomplished as HC in lieu of a ceiling and then eaves/gables if needed to keep them out of the loft. Alternatively I may just have to store the feed/litter in something rodent proof.

Putting the hodge podge siding on the back side (yes it's two different colors). Looks like I'm going to be buying some siding to finish it out.

Attachments

• IMG_5014.jpeg
    IMG_5014.jpeg
    310.1 KB · Views: 20
Ran out of siding today. Need about 16 pieces to finish. I could pull some good pieces off the back and splice in the small pieces on the back side, but I likely won't.

Also finished the decking for the loft/storage area today.

Got pallets to harvest planks for clapboard style vented siding on the gable ends. Looks like I won't have to buy any more 2x4s either.

Attachments

• IMG_5016.jpeg
    IMG_5016.jpeg
    272.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5018.jpeg
    IMG_5018.jpeg
    318.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5017.jpeg
    IMG_5017.jpeg
    318.7 KB · Views: 7
Ran out of siding today. Need about 16 pieces to finish. I could pull some good pieces off the back and splice in the small pieces on the back side, but I likely won't.

Also finished the decking for the loft/storage area today.

Got pallets to harvest planks for clapboard style vented siding on the gable ends. Looks like I won't have to buy any more 2x4s either.
Too bad you arent closer. My dad is a retired general contractor. My attic is full of left over pieces of vinyl siding.

Back
Top Bottom