Building a pheasant coop

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by Sumatraqueen, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Sumatraqueen

Sumatraqueen Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2011
    Hey question for all of you with game birds, specifically pheasants, I am looking to expand i'm getting about 4 different kinds of pheasants in the next little while and I was wondering what your pheasant coops look like, how you have separated them( for ex is it a solid wall between all breeds or wire?) How big should each section be etc and any other tips and ideas anyone would like to share!

Thanks-SQ

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG]Each pen is 6x12 and there are 14 pens all together.I build a 12x12,split it in half,build another 12x12 5'10" from the other and join them together.So for every 2 12x12's you get 5-6x12 pens.I use 1/2x1/2 hardware cloth everywhere.To divide them I use hardware cloth and on the bottom 3' I use a construction poly as a blinder.The top is always covered year round with the construction poly.Around the perimeter on top of the ground I use the 1" chicken wire as an apron from the bottom and out 2',so predators can't get in.
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. bryan99705

bryan99705 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks! Now I'm thinking about pheasants! I grew up in the midwest and still miss getting the #$%# scared out of me or thrown from a horse by those things taking off from underneath me [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by