Building a pheasant coop

Sumatraqueen

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 15, 2011
Hey question for all of you with game birds, specifically pheasants, I am looking to expand i'm getting about 4 different kinds of pheasants in the next little while and I was wondering what your pheasant coops look like, how you have separated them( for ex is it a solid wall between all breeds or wire?) How big should each section be etc and any other tips and ideas anyone would like to share!

Thanks-SQ

Each pen is 6x12 and there are 14 pens all together.I build a 12x12,split it in half,build another 12x12 5'10" from the other and join them together.So for every 2 12x12's you get 5-6x12 pens.I use 1/2x1/2 hardware cloth everywhere.To divide them I use hardware cloth and on the bottom 3' I use a construction poly as a blinder.The top is always covered year round with the construction poly.Around the perimeter on top of the ground I use the 1" chicken wire as an apron from the bottom and out 2',so predators can't get in.
In N.H.,Tony.

Thanks! Now I'm thinking about pheasants! I grew up in the midwest and still miss getting the #$%# scared out of me or thrown from a horse by those things taking off from underneath me
ep.gif
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom