Building a pond - step by step - mostly complete post71

clap.gif

How much did it cost them ducks for your work. COME to Tennessee and build one for me, please,lol

We bought some feeder fish about 6-8 months ago as snacks for the ducks. Last time we cleaned their pond (which has been a long while) Yeah, they didn't go for them like we thought they would. We figured they'd find them eventually and eat them. And by eventually, we thought a day or two.

DH was scooping leaves from the bottom of the pond in December and scooped up a fish. Still alive and much bigger. It had been SIX months since we cleaned the pond. 5 ducks hanging out in there a lot. That water is disgusting.
I asked him today how we go about cleaning the pond this next time if we have to worry about at least one fish swimming around in there..

Who knew a fish would survive in there!!

drain and plumbing for that drain installed.

Can start adding water tomorrow and work on pinning the liner to the top boards.

normal shower drain with a kind of bulk head fitting on back so liner is sealed with silicone to the underside of the drain top and then gaskets and twisted to a tight seal from the underside and then attached into the piping under the pond and out to the other side where here is a ball valve so I can close/open the drain.
IMG_4289.jpg

IMG_4290.jpg

Is it finished? Dying to see the end r

My ducks have a little kids pool at the moment and I have to empty it daily. We have plans of building a pond. How well does the filtration work? Can you recommend the best kind and size etc???

Back
Top Bottom