Building a pond - step by step - mostly complete post71

I'll take some this weekend, icky green water included. Ducks don't mind, so we haven't changed it out just yet LOL

Ok, I ended up calling in sick, for at least this morning, may be able to head in later today, so I took some pics while it was still a bit foggy out.

can you say green?

getting out

Now I have duck pond ENVY!!! This morning I got my new ducky's. They are Rouens and I got 2 drakes and 6 hens. I might get some more hens not sure yet. They were a hatchery's breeders that is going out of business. I thought of some geese but not after I heard out mean they can be. I'll stick with the chickens and ducks. I got my father who owns the land to allow me to make a pond by the swamp. YEAH!!! I will post pictures when I figure it out. The little ducks that are on the right are the three that I hatched out in January. Its amazing that it is the day before St. Patricks and NO SNOW!!!!

Last edited:
yayyyy!

was wondering if people with natural ponds or like the one you will dig next to the swamp, do snapper turtle prevention or maintenance. I would imagine its something you gotta prepare for like any other predator. I did some research one time and learned how you can tie fish hooks with bait (large hooks and small ones to get the growing turtles too) to floating milk containers or similar.

Ok, I ended up calling in sick, for at least this morning, may be able to head in later today, so I took some pics while it was still a bit foggy out.

can you say green?

getting out

The pond still looks great! The water looks clean. Is the water green, or are the sides and bottom green?

The pond still looks great! The water looks clean. Is the water green, or are the sides and bottom green?

The water is green. Nothing floating in it other than feathers as we skim it every day or two. But it is green. It will get drained and refilled next month probably.

Back
Top Bottom