Building a Serama coop?

Okay, so I've had so many ideas about Tweet's coop, at one point we were gonna buy one, then at another point we wanted a doghouse coop, but we've made a final decision.

Our neighbor has a cute little coop and 3 hens, 2 silkies and an EE, and she can't take care of them anymore. So she's giving us the hens, as well as the coop! We already tried, and the hens get along just fine with our girls, so we're gonna use the coop for Tweet. I'll take some pictures tomorrow.
It's just perfect. A little ramp from a... I think it's 4x4 or a 5x5 coop with nesting boxes and roosts, leading into a 3x6 run. Perfect for a few Seramas!

Cool! Congratz.

Here are some PVC chicken coops and runs I have built over the years..so many choices to choose from when it comes to covering it..

Awwww too bad you dont live closer...I am starting a small flock to sell eggs I have 5 right now but there just wee ones. I too will be building a small coop to house several lil seramas. My husband found a guy in Craigslist that had these new small pallets bout 2' X 2'. We are wanting to insulate the coop so we opted to use that pink foam board insulation. I would recommend, If you might think about getting more to accommodate for as many as you want to keep. Also keep in mind chickens are happier with 3 or more chickens for company. And since yours is a roo, I would get him a few girls. Make sure when you build to set it up off the ground. It gives them more room and shade to peck around in the pen. Also, Make it with a pitched roof for the heat to escape in summers boiling heat. I would say a 4 foot by 4 foot one would be the right size. A roo's job [as you may already know] is to protect his girls. So add some honey's for him and give him the best home you can.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom