Building a small duck run

Zolamarie

Songster
6 Years
Nov 25, 2017
Richmond VA, USA
Yesterday I started building a predator proof duck run. It’s about 6x7. It’s only two feet high, so the top will be able to open up on either side. I have no building experience so I tried to make it as simple as possible.

Here’s some pictures of what it looks like now.
6C7D58E2-1DDD-4AC6-BF81-37122DB568C9.jpeg
8FB3FB06-A7CC-4C5A-94B9-412F20DBF37E.jpeg
E9408DF1-2309-4A23-BC31-A348D2AD0917.jpeg

The fence is all the run used to be. I’m going to fix the fence up and plant a garden for duck treats and flowers in the extra space.

I’m using 1/2 inch hardware cloth on the run, and will have an 8” skirt surrounding it. Hopefully in the spring I could plant something inside the run so it won’t look like a barren wasteland, but I don’t think I’ll be able to change that much :confused:

Looks pretty darn good
Are they getting a pool in there?
Ducks are funny my girls are always so interested in what I'm doing when I do upgrades on there coop and run
Thank you! I have tried hard to make it look ok. No pool will be allowed in their run. I used to let them have a pool inside their run and it was always a swamp! I have enough trouble with he rain! I will let my ducks out every day for a few hours and they can swim then. My duck Peggy, followed me around all day. While I was digging the trench for the wire skirt and bricks to lay the foundation on, she just followed that shovel everywhere because she knew there’d be worms!

Back
Top Bottom