Building an Incubator

20180331_170015.jpg
I mounted the fan in a wooden frame. The fan i chose already has a plug wired to it.
20180331_171921.jpg
I bought a ceramic light socket and wired a cord with a plug on it from a salvaged lamp.
20180331_171933.jpg
Ceramic socket with a 100W ceramic heat lamp bulb is my heat source. Do not touch that bulb, its very hot when on!

What thermostat are you going to hook up. It means digital controller? How are you doing to mount the aeration? Somewhere a little holes?
I have a digital thermostat made for plant warming mats. It has a sensor so i will put it at egg level. 20180331_174137.jpg
I have drilled holes in both ends and will make a couple in the top.

I suggest adding second heating bulb.In my experience incubator bulbs go bad at worst times.If you have 2 bulbs you don't have worry about bulb going out on day 17 when nobody is home to notice.With 2 bulbs incubator gets to temp twice as fast and if bulb goes bad you still have other bulb to heat incubator and keep eggs at proper temp.This is especially important if using a fan in incubator.With no heat source fan will cool and kill eggs very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom