Building an "Old Style" henhouse.....move in day!....... (pics)

Quote:
Larry the floor so far is as it was from day one. I have a lot of shavings on the floor and no problems are showing.

I was thinking of laying down some Ice and water shield ( a roofing product which is like a vulcanized rubber patch) over the osb and under the linoleom at the time I was at that point, but didn't. I think if I did it all over again, i would take that extra step.

Hey Steve! Great job on your old style coop. I built a coop in the Gothic style from plans at the U of Tenn. They are for a green house I just modified them to meet my needs. Here is a link for the PDF file.http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/Sunspace/UTEPortableGH5946.pdf Maybe this will help!

I used a fiberglass material called chemlite to cover 1/3 of it for the coop. I covered the rest with chicken wire and deer netting for a run. The chemlite I get is free from a local semi trailer repair shop. I have them save me some when they do a roof job on a trailer.(8'x50' roll) The rest of it was made from old skids and plywood. ( from the same place) I did make some mistakes, so now the plywood floor needs replaced. I'm planing on building a new one so I will post some construction pics at a later date. I will post some pics of the old one sometime this week.

Forgot to add that it has held up rather well for 8 years!
old.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom