Building Coop Design>I need help!

Kristian

Songster
12 Years
Feb 27, 2010
Miami, Florida
Hi I have 150 Brown Leghorns and i had them all in seperate cages of 50 each, but now they have bacome to big and I desided to use two unoccupied stalls to make a coop for them, and it has become the biggest mission in the world figuring out how to do this.
barnie.gif
Well then the barns are
10ft-High,15-Width,12-Length and they both have automatic water feeders that are five feet high on the wall.

Any constructive help and opinions are wellcome!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Seems to me that you have the outer structures already there, you just need to design the "interior works." Take a look at page 126 and 129 in the book CHicken Coops by Judy Pangman. She shows how to set up for 200 hens. YOu'd have your hen door on one side, and screened windows for air around the perimeter. In the middle you'd have rows of roosts, and along one wall, many nest boxes. You'd want to make roosts out of 2 by 4 material most likely (See Storey's Guide for details) and then make your nest boxes each 14 inch high by 14 wide by 12 inch deep, probably as many as you can make, 40 or 50 if possible. YOu'd want a sloped poop collector device under the roosts so all poop can be easily scooped down or would fall into something to catch and easily dispose of it all.

Thank you both for your help. I really appreciate this. Tomorow I dont have school TGIF:bow and I dont need to worry on any exams any time soon( since I just finished the most important one)
woot.gif
. So me and my dad will go to the farm and try to apply some of these ideas. Ill keep you posted with some pics sooner or later!

Thank you guyz! My moms friend is an Architecture and he said that he would be happy to help me but he has'nt done one before (he usually does houses and malls etc.) But im still looking at plans and stuff becouse I need an overall idea.

Back
Top Bottom