Building incubator with everyday household items???

poupoule

Songster
11 Years
Dec 9, 2008
Hi all,

I am thinking of building a bator with stuff I can find in the house/garage. I don't have the means to buy equipment so want to use what I can find from home. Does anybody has advice and/or instructions on how to do it? What do I actually need?

Last edited:
There are tons of homemade incubators already posted on this site. You can build one from old coolers, old kitchen cabinets, someone built one just using a drawer from an old desk, old refrigerators, freezers. The list is almost endless and only limited by your own imagination.

What you will need is a good heat source, (Lightbulb), a good thermostat, (some people are using old hotwater heater thermostats), a good fan, ( an old computer fan and power supply), and something to hold water for humidity control(a old plastic butter tub or soup bowl), and something to hold the eggs, (old egg carton). What you will need most is patience to put it all together and get it to working properly.

Look at some of the designs on this site, then look at what you have on hand and rollup your sleevs and get to work.

Back
Top Bottom