Building new coop and new to Chickens

I had originally planned on installing a window in that space but I don't want the possibility of chicken poop dropping down on the nest boxes. I would hate to have wasted space inside the chicken coop. another option is to close it in add doors on the outside and make a space to store food and other supplies.

Oh that's a good idea you could certainly keep the food dry and it would be a good use of space.

Nesting boxes are complete, Each bin will have a Rubbermaid box with pine shavings in each box as shown in the picture.

Next on the list is building the roost and putting up the walls on the coop.

lol thanks. Over the last three weeks I have not seen my silkies fly more than a foot above the ground For less than a second and it was only after a jump.

Thanks! I haven't had a problem with silkies being mean and every description that I've ever read talks about how docile the can be. The only time they're aggressive if a hen is sitting on the nest she has his picked at my hand but once you put your hand around her neck and scooter off the egg she go back to being very docile.

Back
Top Bottom