Building New Coop/Barn...Phase 5 Great Barn Build, OCCUPIED! 3/6/16

Haha, my little egyption mau, tilly is a brat I have 2 under the bed shoe or sweatshirt tote, and when I have them out she go nuts on my yarn I have in them, she drives me crazy. And of course you had to get my attention on the fb page, I don't usually pay much attention to any links at the bottom, but oh the barred boys are gorgeous.

Thanks. They are becoming so awesome, I hate that no one has claimed them by now. I always fall in love with them.

ETA: In case you checked our FB page for BRC and know what's happening, we still own our domain name, Blue Roo Creations, but due to LH's illness, which is explained on our Facebook page, we closed our Etsy listings, my decision. They were paid through her Paypal acct and then she'd send me my earnings at the end of the month, but with all that's going on, I did not want her to have to worry about the business (almost every item in the store was mine other than lip balms and one tanned hide) during her health crisis. DH has not decided to get a paypal for us yet so I can only take postal money orders from people for my items, making it a little less easy for them to pay me. I still have all the quilted items here and if anyone is interested in seeing them, I can post them or PM them to someone to see them. They weren't selling quickly anyway.

hmm.png
Maybe one day we can get back to business. I'd like to get our actual website back and running. My dear friend has an uphill battle ahead. And there are other issues she's battling at the same time. She's a strong woman but even the strong can be brought to their knees when the burden is too great.

Last edited:
Yay for taking a break on building! Everything looks so nice!

I am jealous of your garden, so pretty! Do you know what variety of rhubarb you have? I picked up an heirloom victoria to plant in ours. Trying to make my way out there now to put up the fence, I have already driven all the posts in.

For some reason it was super hard to find here at all. I'm going to get ahead of the game and try to order some next year. We may also get some brought up with asparagus from the old family farm in GA.

Yay for taking a break on building! Everything looks so nice!

I am jealous of your garden, so pretty! Do you know what variety of rhubarb you have? I picked up an heirloom victoria to plant in ours. Trying to make my way out there now to put up the fence, I have already driven all the posts in.

I'm not sure what kind it is, probably Victoria, but it's been awhile since we planted it. It was in a different location and we moved it down there, which was the bottom of what used to be the pen of the main coop, lots of good composted "chicken dirt". It produced way into summer last year, just kept on going.

Buy my son's new book! Written for middle school age level, it's an interesting and unusual adventure.
https://amzn.com/B01FBJ4A1O (Amazon)
https://goo.gl/D2P1vd (iBooks)

Last edited:
Thought I'd update this thread. After having my chickens in the barn for just over a year, we are still very pleased with this arrangement. I am not used to having to let them out in groups, not having pop doors so they all go in pens for just that group, but as they pass away and we have fewer separate groups, each will be able to go out for longer periods. It's so much better having to walk down to one building using one path and the area where the barn and pen are and have a more level footprint than our original coop which was on a south facing fairly steep slope (getting steeper every year, I swear). We do not regret doing it, certainly.

I just finished reading the last half of your story; wonderful! Hope you are both feeling better now that that major building project is done, and it looks great. Your place is so nice! Mary

Thank you, Mary! Another nice thing about this particular building is when the human door is open on one end and the roll-up door is open on the other, it moves a lot of air through the building, that plus all five windows being open at the same time and the overhead fan. It's very nice going from pen to pen in one place to do chores rather than one coop to another coop, especially in bad weather. I'm happy we did it, though it still bugs me the direction the entry door opens, but we never thought to ask about that, they never asked for a preference, and that's the way they brought it out there so it is what it is. It's nice knowing we don't have to paint it, that it won't be rotting like the trim on our original building is now (needs replacing badly in spots).

Back
Top Bottom