Building New Coop/Barn...Phase 5 Great Barn Build, OCCUPIED! 3/6/16

Pics
Sometimes 'supervising' a crew you have no real control over can be more exhausting mentally than doing the work yourself.
No kidding!

The barn is in, balance paid and the two man (supposed to be three) man crew has just left. Poor guys worked from 6:30 a.m. until 7:45 p.m., basically non-stop. I'll get pics in daylight but here is a little taste of the bare bones inside. Good news is they left, at our request, all the extra beige siding, among other items, for us so there is enough to roof the Belgian D'anver coop, yea!

I'm going to drug myself and go to bed soon. I hope to really sleep tonight!

Last edited:
Tried for pics early, light isn't great, misting rain. Want to get around the outer foundation situated but DH is suffering a lot this a.m. with a kidney stone. Because of the long day yesterday, he didn't drink water all day, not great with this condition and forgot all his meds. So, if it doesn't get better, I may spend some time in the ER.

Here are the pictures I did get when I went out to see to the old ladies (Amanda needs water in her special divided bowl because the others foul it up and eat all her food). The flash washes out the color-it really is a light beige, not white. The roof appears white but it's the same color as the siding.
The three windows face the morning sun and the opposite side with the two is west, gets all the weather and afternoon sun, hence, only the two windows there.
Because we were forced to go with this roll-up door instead of the double doors, there is a rather decent gap at the top, which seems like a bad thing, but in actuality, it will provide needed ventilation up high for this building on a consistent basis. We do have lots of unnecessary gaps to fill in with foam, etc, due to the nature of corrugated metal, of course, then furring strips and insulation (would love all foam or the reflective bubble stuff like on the roof, aided by foam). All that has to come before we can even think about what to do with the floor situation. It's like building six coops and a small storage building all at the same time, but in the long run, it will make our lives much, much easier.

This picture captures the true colors best.

Last edited:
Love your new coop! It looks great! I can't wait to see how you work the inside.

Thanks! Here are some more pictures and a video.

0.jpg

I really like this box trim. Overall, I think they did an excellent job.

Back
Top Bottom