Building New Coop/Barn...Phase 5 Great Barn Build, OCCUPIED! 3/6/16

Pics
One contractor told me he did not want me around "distracting his workers". I told him that it was my place, I was footing the bill, and I would be on site every day. We got along OK after that.

One contractor told me he did not want me around "distracting his workers". I told him that it was my place, I was footing the bill, and I would be on site every day. We got along OK after that.

Exactamundo! We lived in an RV in the driveway because it was winter and we had the chickens to look after daily. No way were we leaving. Good thing because we had to stay on top of them about a lot of stuff or it would never have been done.

I am always home when contractors/service folk are working on my property......
......makes em nervous once they realize I know a bit about what they're doing...
....and might keep them a bit more honest. ;-)

When we had our house built several years ago, the workers really got aggravated because we would always check and see what they did/were doing every day. After their first major screw up,did they not think we weren't going to check on them?

I happened to walk out there the day they were setting up the foundation forms for the concrete. I asked them what they were doing putting the house in backwards? He thought I was nuts, until he called the company and found out that they had never flipped the plans. They would have been in a pickle if the problem had been discovered after the concrete had been poured. Makes you wonder what is hidden behind already built homes.

When we had our house built several years ago, the workers really got aggravated because we would always check and see what they did/were doing every day. After their first major screw up,did they not think we weren't going to check on them?

I happened to walk out there the day they were setting up the foundation forms for the concrete. I asked them what they were doing putting the house in backwards? He thought I was nuts, until he called the company and found out that they had never flipped the plans. They would have been in a pickle if the problem had been discovered after the concrete had been poured. Makes you wonder what is hidden behind already built homes.

Gotta stay on them every minute. It's really for their own benefit. Imagine the monetary losses when they have to correct huge mistakes like that.

The workers building my office cut out a sink opening in the wrong spot - I walked in and saw it, clapped my hands over my mouth and walked back out. The workers who did it (great guys, just made a mistake) followed me out and found me laughing. After looking it over I decided the current opening was acceptable, although they did have to move a cabinet, but not worth making them reorder the counter, which was long and would have been expensive.

The company called and they're coming out Friday. Supposed to rain on Friday. The last two rains, we didn't get any water in the buckets but they were very short lived. The two rains when we had three puddles in the same three places were heavy, two day events each, so I'm not sure what the deal is or what they'll do or if they can even figure out what's going on.

The company called and they're coming out Friday. Supposed to rain on Friday. The last two rains, we didn't get any water in the buckets but they were very short lived. The two rains when we had three puddles in the same three places were heavy, two day events each, so I'm not sure what the deal is or what they'll do or if they can even figure out what's going on.
Maybe the rubber seals on the screws expanded and closed. One could only hope.

Back
Top Bottom