Building new coops on Friday I have some Q's

Rosecomb-Ryan

East Indie Crazed
11 Years
Apr 12, 2008
Sacramento CA
Ok I me and my dad have decided to build some new coops for my Rosecombs... I have finally decided a breed that I want to improve and spend my time and money on.. YAY!!! I am going to be selling most of my other birds.... I am going to concentrate on my Blue Red, BBRed, Golden Duckwing, Blue, Black, and Splash Rosecombs.... NOW back with the subject... I have a some Questions

1) Is 6' by 6' by6' big enouph for 5 Rosecomb Bantams

2) Is 1 rooster good enouph for 4 hens??

Ryan
Picture201221.jpg

Picture201041.jpg

woops how did those get there
wink.png
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah 6x6 is 36 and I'd give the birds 5 foot each since they will be breeders so that works nicely.
tongue2.gif
I have NO idea how those pics got there. 1 roo is enough.

Ryan,

A 6' x 6' x 6' Coop with a covered run of 6' x 8' x 6' is more than adequate for the bantams. As has already been noted 1 rooster for 4-5 hens is more than adequate, you might want to up the hen count a bit so that he is not riding the same hens to much to about 8 hens.

4 sq ft per bird is adequate for standard size chickens so if you wanted you should be able to up the number of bantams you have without any problem. I agree that you might want to increase the hen to rooster ration and watch them. Even with more hens he might have a favorite that will start to get to beat up looking. When that starts to happen take her out for awhile. Also you have some beautiful birds.

Back
Top Bottom