building paradise for the birds

Pics
almost done with door two....this is going by way faster then putting up the wire while the building is up...well goal is to get the net on the top so well see what happens....

Your "patrollers" are precious, BTW! My Rottie is getting too old to do much protecting..but he sure doesn't mind the girls coming to sit with him on the porch!

I'm only getting 1-3 eggs/day from 10 layers..though, looks like molt is ending & some combs are starting to redden up...now if the youngsters that are almost 7 months old would just start earning THEIR keep....
Even if he's an old rottie, I bet that there's a lot of critters out there that would take one look at him around the girls and just walk away saying Nope Nope Nope.

gig.gif
I'll take that bet.

Has anyone used Deer Netting for a chicken run? i was looking at it because it is 7ftX100ft for $18.50. We have dogs that keep predators away and they would not be in the run at night. So i'm thinking it would work and then i could just put 2-3ft high hardware cloth on the outside. i thought the netting would work good for a top too since ive seen a few hawks around.

cutler supplies sells great netting for the tops I use the two inch ones they sell...very awesome stuff...ill post a pic in a second...I just got done hanging the second door and cut out the third door...so im putting the third one together...and then for some more pics....had to come in for sum lunch and stock the fire

leghorn I believe...they are already laying

our main rooster that seems to have gotten frostbite last year...he got more of a Mohawk now

a white Americana...I havnt seen to many of these

my girl...she came home from work for lunch and wanted to see the progress..second door in working on third

2inch netting from cutler supply they have the best deal on the market from what I have found....

well off to work again...thanks for watching

that 2 inch netting looks interesting,, I wonder how long it will last being exposed to the sun and elements ?

I think it would work OK to make a fence for chickens from it..
still wondering what the life of it is

I covered one of my chicken yards with bird netting like you toss over a tree to keep birds away from the fruit.. it lasted one summer,, when winter came, the heavy snow took it down,, It was so heavy that it pulled one of my 8 inch fence posts over..

I think the 2 inch would work better because the snow can fall through it and not collect on it..

I wonder it you could make a dip net out of it for sucker netting ?
our neighbors use chicken wire nets ..

...........jiminwisc.........

Last edited:
cutler supplies sells great netting for the tops I use the two inch ones they sell...very awesome stuff...ill post a pic in a second...I just got done hanging the second door and cut out the third door...so im putting the third one together...and then for some more pics....had to come in for sum lunch and stock the fire

I'm wondering if that type of netting would be sturdy enough to keep large chickens in or not. If i just put 2-3ft of chicken wire around the bottom then do that 2inch netting up the sides and over the top i'm thinking it might work. I will have to go find a price for it. Thank you Birdman and i still think your birds are beautiful!! Every time i go into the chicken coop trailer i swear i can hear them chewing me out for not having more accomadations.
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom