Building the coop...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by riverchicks, Sep 3, 2011.

1. riverchicks

riverchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Here are a few pictures showing the process of building our new coop. Hopefully DH can get some more done today when he gets home from work, if the weather holds. My babies are currently in the garage in our non-secure chicken tractor. They got too big to keep indoors any longer. They are six weeks old now. I'm thinking this is taking a whole lot longer to build than I figured. [​IMG]

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=102412-building-the-coop

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Tell your babies to hang in there just a little bit longer - That's gonna' look GREAT when it's done!! Your DH has done a wonderful job [​IMG] If you're not insulating, then as soon as it's under roof and has all the walls up (and door installed), I'd put them out there. You guys can finish up while they're enjoying their new space [​IMG]

3. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    looks like it is coming along well! Your hubby is doing a good job, can't wait to see the finalized coop!

4. riverchicks

riverchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    We are going to insulate, plus we need to run some electricity too. DH works 6 days a week, so it is slow going. I hope we get the attached run done before the snow flies! Thanks for your nice comments.

5. Semper Fi

Semper Fi New Egg

Sep 3, 2011
    That coop looks like its coming along real nicely keep up the hardwork!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by