building without a wood floor?

This is really funny to me. The house we have now was a barn. Not at first but over time it turned itself into one. The floors had fell in and cow invaded the insides. We have an 1850's log home that was moved down from middle Tennessee and put back together. The wife and I washed the logs for 3 weeks with those large brown brushes and a hose to get cow crap smell out. Wow, what a job. Your husband would hate my place for sure.

But we're all different. I can live most anywhere so long as it's clean and neat. I don't need new.
lol.png
I guess we should have put the chickens in here and built a new house.
smile.png

Good luck with your search. But don't believe you can build a barn cheaper than a house. Those sucker cost like crazy. It's all according to what house.

I think it depends on where you live, and what the soil and drainage is like. I have dirt floor in my coop - but the earth just sucks water down immediately, and doesn't leave mud. I just buried the fence about 12" down, and the dirt works fine.

Happy home hunting!

Ole Rooster
I'm sure your house is fine for a more southern location, but honny I'm in Canada. (South Western Ontario, but still gets real cold here) I need efficient insulation and good heat!
SW ontario is Humid like crazy in the summers and Air Conditioning (not a must for me) is what I need to keep the Man in my life happy.

You know the saying `Happy Wife/Husband Happy Life` both the him and I live by this, for each other.
That`s the reason the new farm house hunt. He wants to keep me happy and I am willing to keep looking till we find the house that makes him happy.
He`s an amazing man. A keeper you could say.

Here he is building my chicken house:
Note: he was apposed to the chickens at first, then agreed to 3 or 4. I got 13. we have since processed 5 and gave away the rooster. He`s not arguing with the 4 (12 with chicken math) chicks for the sprin. (gota love a man that tolerates/cooperates/doesn`t argue with a chicken obsession.)

100379_chicken_sep13_056.jpg

Thanks all
I will definately try and find the house and barn together, but I will find the ideal house/property and build the coop/barn after the fact.

Merry Christmas
Patricia

Back
Top Bottom