buildingachickencoop.com problems

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by cnjtnt, Dec 13, 2009.

1. cnjtnt

cnjtnt Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2009
    Federal Way, WA
    buildingachickencoop.com

I emailed them twice to get a refund, since I did not find their materials particularly helpful. Anyone know who they are or how to contact them? I certainly don't want to try to contact BBB, but it is pretty frustrating. Anyone else have problems?

2. SC_Hugh

SC_Hugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Their 60 day 100% risk free guarantee should work out for you. It doesn't mention immediate refund anywhere.

Save the $30 and put it into materials instead.

3. cnjtnt

Nov 17, 2009
    Federal Way, WA
    definitely within 60 days....no reply.

4. geosheets

geosheets Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Ohio
    looks like you had to use paypal or a credit card to purchase... I would contact them and file a claim. Don't wait until after the 60 days, it will be too late to file a claim with them.

5. mediazeal

mediazeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Quote:How long has it been since the first contact?
    Sometimes this is just a person, not a company, and they may not be monitoring their coop mail account closely. That doesn't mean they won't honor the refund claim.
    If it has been over a week, contact paypal or your credit card and have them reverse the charges. Paypal will take the money out of the sellers account and put it on HOLD til it can be returned to you. They investigate and give the seller a chance to respond.
    It can take a little while but I've always had good luck getting things like this resolved.

good luck

6. cnjtnt

Nov 17, 2009
    Federal Way, WA
    ok. thanks.

7. cnjtnt

Nov 17, 2009
    Federal Way, WA
    did what you suggested, got the thing processed. thanks for the suggestion.

8. Tecalli

Tecalli Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    State College, PA
    I had the same experience-- I ordered, I paid, I was unhappy with what I got, and I emailed and emailed for a refund without any response.
    Then I read through all the very fine print and in order to get the refund you contact the 3rd party retailer rather than the buildingthecoop.com people. Once I contacted ClickBank (the 3rd party retailer) I got my refund quickly.

The Risk-Free Gaurentee on the web site is poorly worked. It says "Simply let me know within 60 days and I will promptly refund the full purchase price" when it should say let ClinkBank know and they will refund the full purchase price.

9. cnjtnt

Nov 17, 2009
    Federal Way, WA
    yup. Had to contact click bank. Seems in order now.

10. SC_Hugh

SC_Hugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Ok, now let's get you into a deluxe coop [​IMG]

You can check-out some basic carpentry books for free from your public library and there are a ton of cool coop designs in the "Coop Designs" header at the top of this page. Choose one and start nailing or screwing some 2'x4's together...

--Hugh

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by