1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Built my coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by lyrad64, Mar 19, 2017.

1. lyrad64

lyrad64 New Egg

Mar 19, 2017
    House is 8 feet by 8 feet.....with 8 12 foot run attached.......the chickens can also go under the house too....plus they have a large free range area to enjoy too[​IMG][/IMG]Built my coop last fall ...finally got around to posting pictures [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    :thumbsup

3. EquiSally

EquiSally Out Of The Brooder

Sep 11, 2013
    Waco TX
    Cute door! We are currently building a larger coop (8.5x8.5) with attached run. I'll get a thread up soon. I'm searching for ideas. We are on slightly unleveled ground and I am deciding whether to bury wire or fold out along the bottom. What has worked for you?

4. lyrad64

lyrad64 New Egg

Mar 19, 2017
    Ground was quite hard ..buried wire as deep as i could get it .....then bent it outfor a foot or so..

5. EquiSally

EquiSally Out Of The Brooder

Sep 11, 2013
    Waco TX
    Same here. It took a big rock bar & plenty of sweat from the hubby to get 16" for the 4 main posts of the coop. He does not want to do any more digging [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by