Bullied chicken lethargy and poop

Granschicks

In the Brooder
May 2, 2020
She’s lookin rough, dazed, seems strong but thin is pooping watery poops, eats very little. Hides a lot. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 2519A0EF-DD03-44BF-B657-083CF5734353.jpeg
    2519A0EF-DD03-44BF-B657-083CF5734353.jpeg
    503.1 KB · Views: 6
  • EE224295-C706-4DE7-83B2-42BAE6A5E7B5.jpeg
    EE224295-C706-4DE7-83B2-42BAE6A5E7B5.jpeg
    445.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 4C38BAD1-1E5F-4C0A-A895-94A2E1A32361.jpeg
    4C38BAD1-1E5F-4C0A-A895-94A2E1A32361.jpeg
    467.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 852AA51C-7742-4844-B999-048E4CC6EECC.jpeg
    852AA51C-7742-4844-B999-048E4CC6EECC.jpeg
    743.5 KB · Views: 3
Hello and welcome to BYC! :welcome
Answer these questions.->
1) What type of bird , age and weight (does the chicken seem or feel lighter or thinner than the others.)
2) What is the behavior, exactly.
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms?
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all.
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird until you can get to a vet?
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use

Hi, thank you!
She’s been withdrawn for months, keeps separate from the others. Only in the last week she has been choosing to hide from the others rather than just avoid them generally. I’ve heard a few dust ups and noticed they all seemed to gang up on her together. I’ve removed her to my back porch. She watches them all from there.
She’s always felt lighter than the others, bonier. Her head is very pecked if that’s what that is. Now that she’s separated I notice she’s been the one with the abnormal poops. The others seem fine. She moves slowly and deliberately not weak, just cautious. I posted 4 pictures. Did they come through?

1) What type of bird , age and weight (does the chicken seem or feel lighter or thinner than the others.)
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird until you can get to a vet?
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
I want to treat myself. She eats and drinks less than the others only a few nibbles at a time. I gave her scrambled eggs, a piece of apple, some berries I picked and her usually egg layer pellets. She took a long time to eat the treats. But she ate them. Not sure if she ate pellets.

309F127C-FDF9-40FC-BEFA-B07CE9927BAF.jpeg
My 8 chickens 4 barred rocks, 4 barred rocks are 2 years old. They have a 4x8 coop and a 10x10 pen and free range most of every day. I keep the coop and pen cleaned each day. They get egg layer feed, water and a daily cupful of varied table scraps to coax them in at night.

Back
Top Bottom