Bullied pullet, can’t find any blue spray

Kwoka

Songster
Sep 21, 2022
Poland
So, I had to go away for the weekend, and i left my chickens in the care of a friend. To make it easier for him and not take too much of his time, I told him to just feed and water them, but don’t let them out of the coop, so he doesn’t have to come twice a day. The birds were essentially closed up for three days, but had fresh food and water daily. Plus, there was snow on the ground and they don’t care for it, so I figured they can just stay in for a couple of days. They had 100% fresh bedding as well.

I see now that this strategy was a mistake. In one coop, they picked on this sweet little Bresse pullet’s legs, belly, vent, and comb. This had to be due to boredom and stress from being closed up, because they have never exhibited this behavior before, shouldn’t be lacking protein etc.

Anyway, I don’t have any blue spray on hand, and I can’t just go buy it either (have to order it) so I washed her legs with warm water and sprayed with Octenisept wound spray. She also got some meat, because she seemed pretty lethargic, and that seemed to help her perk up.

The question is, should I separate her until she heals up, or leave her with the flock, even though I don’t have blue spray? They are all free ranging now, thank god the snow is melting. 😭 she’s one of my favorites, and I hate to see her so busted up like this.

Attachments

• IMG_2244.jpeg
    IMG_2244.jpeg
    828.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2245.jpeg
    IMG_2245.jpeg
    756.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2243.jpeg
    IMG_2243.jpeg
    899.2 KB · Views: 9
Keep her seperate. If she can be somewhere they can still see her, it will be easier to reintegrate her,, but dont let them actually have access or they'll keep picking
Thanks. She’s been sleeping separately in the garage for a few nights, but I let her free range with the flock during the day. They mostly leave her alone when they’re all outside. The redness and bruising are already fading 👍

Back
Top Bottom